Every homeowner desires to have beautiful and immaculate flooring. A Shaw Vinyl Plank Floor is one of the elegant floors that you can have. It is durable with a shiny appearance that keeps your house looking great all the time.
Like other types of floors, Shaw Vinyl Plank All floors need to be taken care of using proper cleaning to help them last longer. However, cleaning the vinyl plank floor requires knowledge to avoid damaging the floor. Proper cleaning ensures your floor lasts for up to twenty years.
Here is a guide on everything you need to know about How to Clean Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring?
Table of Contents
Before you begin the cleaning process, you will need to gather the following:
- Dry mop or brush: It is to remove dust and dirt before cleaning the floor with water.
- Vacuum cleaner: It can be used in the primary cleaning process instead of a dry mop.
- Apple cider vinegar: It can be used to remove excess grime and debris on the floor.
- White vinegar: It can be used in place of apple cider vinegar to disinfect the floor.
- Baby oil: It can be applied to the floor to give it a shiny look
- Flat mop: It is used to mop out all the dust from the floor.
- Detergent: It is used for tough stains during wet cleaning
- Hot water: It is used to remove stubborn stains.
4 Tips on How to Clean Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring
Sweep the Floor Surface
Before you use water on the Vinyl floor, you must sweep the floor using a dry mop. If you need help cleaning the floor under the sofa and bed, I recommend the Cleanhome Dust Mop, which has a rotating 360-degree mop head and an extendable long handle. You can also use a vacuum cleaner depending on the floor’s condition.
Some dirt-like hair strands can stick on the floor or even cause mold if you use a wet mop to clean them off. For that reason, you should mop them off before using water on the floor.
When using a vacuum cleaner, it should have a high-quality filter to collect all the dust from the floor. You need to inspect the floor to look for any dust before moving on to the next cleaning step.
Note: Avoid abrasive mops or brushes that can damage your floor when mopping the floor.
Clean the Floor Surface with Wet Mop
After you’ve swept the floor and ensured that there is no debris left, you can now use a wet mop to clean the floor. Use apple cider vinegar to help you remove excess dirt or stains from the floor.
Apple cider vinegar is recommended because of its acidity property, which does not damage floors.
The correct measurement is one cup of apple cider vinegar for a gallon of hot water for effective results. You can also substitute apple cider vinegar with white vinegar to disinfect your floor.
Note: Never use harsh detergents or ammonia-based products when cleaning the vinyl floor.
Remember: You should always wipe and clean off stains as soon as they occur. That way, it will always be easy to wash the floor because you don’t have to deal with old stains, which are likely to be stubborn. Also, you can use a dry mop to clean the stain off before using the wet mop. It ensures that you do not spread the stain too much.
Rinse the Floor
If you use any detergent on your floor, ensure that you rinse your floor with hot water. It will help remove any soap residues on the floor. Dry out excess water on the floor with a dry cloth to help the floor dry quickly. It will also help you see any dirt that is left out on the floor.
Apply Baby Oil
To give a shiny look to your shaw vinyl plank flooring, apply baby oil.
Steps to Apply Baby Oil:
- First, allow the floor to dry completely.
- Then apply the baby oil using a sprayer.
- Now, using a Microfiber Swivel Mop spread it all around the floor.
- After that, use water and vinegar solution to clean off lubrication traces.
Moreover, ensure that you keep the vinyl floor always clean. It will help it last longer without replacing it. Follow the same procedure to ensure you do not go wrong.
FAQs: How to Clean Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring?
How can I use Vinegar to Clean Vinyl Floors?
It is easy; simply mix a cup of apple cider into one gallon of hot water. Apply the solution on the floor using a mop to remove grime and dirt.
Which Cleaning Products are Safe for Cleaning Vinyl Plank Floors?
One of the most efficient cleaners you can use on your Shaw Vinyl Plank Floor is apple cider vinegar. It is acidic but does not harm your beautiful floor. The best thing is that it cleans without leaving grime usually left behind by soap and wax after cleaning.
How can you keep your Shaw Vinyl Plank Floor shiny?
It is easy to add a shine to your vinyl floor using a mixture of water, vinegar, and baby oil drops. If the floor is old with some stubborn scuffs, use a towel soaked in jojoba oil to rub the areas that still look dull to give an uneven shiny look. After that, use water and vinegar solution to clean off lubrication traces.
Is Water Harmful to your Shaw Vinyl Plank Floor?
No, water will not harm your vinyl floor. You should clean it regularly with plain water mixed with mild dishwashing detergent. However, do not leave any standing water on your floor. Wash and dry it as much as possible with a microfiber mop.
How can I Care for my Vinyl Floor?
It is easy; vinyl floors do not require vigorous scrubbing. Even your mild dishwashing soap is enough to keep your floor immaculate. Vacuum or sweep it daily and always wipe off spills as soon as they occur.
According to shawfloors.com, here are some of Don’ts:
1. Don’t use steam
2. Prohibited use of harsh chemical
How to Clean Shaw Vinyl Plank Flooring?
The easiest and the quickest way to clean a shaw vinyl flooring thoroughly is:
1. First, sweep the floor surface using a dry mop.
2. Then, clean the floor surface with a wet mop. This ensured that there is no debris left.
3. After that rinse the floor, only if you use any type of detergent on your floor.
4. Lastly, apply baby oil to give a shiny look to your shaw vinyl plank flooring.
You should not be quick to use water to clean your Shaw vinyl flooring; it is recommended that you dry mop it first.
Following the correct procedure will ensure your floor lasts for years. Avoid keeping old stains on the floor for long and clean them while still fresh. It is easier than letting the stains dry off proper cleaning will ensure that you do not incur unnecessary costs to replace the floor.
Read More on Vinyl Floors
- 5 Best Way to Remove Burn Marks From Vinyl Floor (Must-Try!)
- Can You Use Pine Solution for Vinyl Flooring? (Answered!)
- A Guide to Remove Rubber Marks from Vinyl Flooring
- How to Remove Sticky Residue from Vinyl Flooring? (Full Guide)
- How to Clean Pet Urine from Vinyl Plank Flooring? (Solved!)